Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Favorite Song

One of these days, I'll add a player to this site, before it becomes illegal anyway. For now, I just want to tell you about my favorite song. It's nothing very inspirational or anything. For now, it is Voices Inside My Head by the Police.

Do you know vhy? Do you know vhy? I'll tell you vhy..... tell you vhy.

I love songs that are endlessly repetitive. That song goes on for three minutes with the same beat and bass line. But it also has a bit of crescendo: although the beat is steady, the percussion builds from beginning to end, and there are some surprises from the bass. Still, it's basically the same for four minutes. I wish it went on for forty.

My favorite song changes every few days, but this one always comes back to the top of the list.

No comments: