Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bloganemia

Turns out I have a blown hard drive. It spins a-ok, but it's not seeing any of the directories. We can't even get to the recovery partition to copy the missing boot files. Ah, well, a new one is on order.

It amazing that you can get a 320G hard drive for less than $90. What would that have been ten years ago? $10,000?

Also, another Circle deadline lurks just a few days ahead, and I have no idea what to write about. Somehow it's always like that and I pull it off at the last minute.

2 comments:

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

Told ya so! Glad it's a quick fix.

dsbowers said...

Nope. As it turns out, it wasn't that at all. We switched out the hard drive, reran the system recovery, everything looked fine for about five minutes and then POOF! Right back where we started from.

Back to the drawing board. At least now, once we figure out the problem, I'll have a ridiculous 640GB of storage (or I may set up RAID so I have a real-time hard drive backup).