Friday, December 26, 2008

Dear God, What Have We Done?

Santa's big "surprise" this year was Rock Band 2 for the Wii. I'm proud to say the my son is quite an artist with the fake, plastic guitar. He's getting the hang of the fake, plastic drums, too. But let me tell you, he may possibly be the worst . . . singer . . . ever!

Granted, he doesn't know the words to any of the songs, and he's just hearing most of them for the first time, so belting the lyrics out karaoke style is not an easy task. I think he's trying to compensate by shouting louder and louder. Dang, it's awful.

Overall it's a great game. I was reluctant at first, since we already have Guitar Hero, but now that I've played a few times I'm hooked, too.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Can't be as bad as me belting out Livin on a Prayer after several glasses of wine yesterday. Or better yet Tim "singing" Battery by Metallica. Welcome to the world of fake rock stardom!

Anonymous said...

it's awesome! my kids are down there right now making a lot of noise--and leaving me in peace.

CountryDew said...

Happy New Year!

Hopefully all the time spent playing this game will develop some skill of some kind. Maybe he'll even learn to sing!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Ut oh. I just asked my daughter, "What's Rock Band Two for the WII?" And she excitedly told me. Then said, "I want that." I think I've endured enough with Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution...

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com