Saturday, March 14, 2009

No Line on the Horizon

My wife bought the new U2 record, No Line on the Horizon, last week and I've listened a few times. I need to give it more thought on the individual songs, but overall I think it is one of the best the band has ever put out. Without doubt it's the only record since Achtung, Baby (1991) that I've wanted to listen to repeatedly, end to end. That's a pretty high compliment these days when full albums aren't of much concern in the industry.

I particularly like the title song and the next one, Magnificent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, thanks for giving me the great gift idea -- husband loves him some U2 and his BD is next week. Perfect!!

Museice said...

and I scored tickets to C-Ville.
But I have to wait until October to dance in the aisles. U2 is one of the biggest bands in the world. This has to be a 'can't miss moment'.

dsbowers said...

My wife has tickets for the DC show. She's going with a friend that is over-the-top crazy for U2. I declined to go because I'm afraid I wouldn't appreciate it enough and would dispel their euphoria.