Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brrrr . . . .

Just checked the weather, and it looks like the wind chill tomorrow AM is going to be one degree. Not three, not two. One.

I remember when I first learned about the Celsius temperature scale. It made perfect sense because water freezes at zero, boils at 100. What is Fahrenheit based on? Thanks to Wikipedia, we can find out anything! Back in a minute . . . .

. . . apparently there are several theories, one, that Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit based zero on the lowest outdoor temperature he could record, and 100 was his body temperature. He didn't like negative numbers. Well, I say there's no appreciable difference between one and minus one. I'm done with winter. I don't know how I survived four years in Rochester, NY. I haven't bought a heavy winter coat since I left there seventeen years ago. Now I'm complaining about the winter in Virginia. I'm no longer a tough guy.

No comments: