Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Nice Evening

My son, I'll call him TB, surprised me tonight. He's five years old. LBB is out tonight for a saturnalia with some other hens, so I'm on duty. Apparantly, she bought him some new school shoes today. He found them in his bedroom, and within seconds of finding them, rather than focus on his awesome new find, he thought about calling his Momma to say thank you.

I nearly fell over. Not only because of the thankfulness, but because he wanted to talk on the phone. My small boy is coming out of his shell, and in impressive ways that make me proud. We made the call, and the bonus for him is that he has probably tightened that wrap around his Momma's finger even tighter.

We had fun tonight: played a whole lot of foosball (sad to say, our skills are about even), watched a bit of America's Funniest Videos (we like to watch the skiing accidents and people falling on their toosh), and we read a few Richard Scarry stories.

I put him to bed and TB said, "Daddy, can I please stay up with you, only until Momma gets home?" No, sweetie, you can't. But I can't explain how happy it makes me that you want to . . .

No comments: