Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Songs

I added a few songs to the long neglected FineTune player tonight, specifically some Roger Waters, Shriekback, Dwight Yoakam, and . . . ah, um . . . one Journey song that I really like.

I haven't clicked over there in awhile, but tonight, after I added these, I kicked it off. About five songs in it played the Johnny Cash version of Hurt. Auuughghh! Listen to that and if you tell me you're not torn up, well, I don't believe you.

Go to the left sidebar and have a listen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a weird obsession with covers, and love Cash's cover of NIN's Hurt. His last few covers were so eerie. Love Johnny Cash for background music during housekeeping chores, but daughter HATES his music with a passion. Anyway, I am always interested in how artists interpret other artists' work. Love Sonic Youth covering Neil Young and Cake covering Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive". Have any favorite covers?
Kate

dsbowers said...

Yes. Give a listen to Built to Spill covering Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer". Dave Matthews does a fair job with that song too, but not as good as this one.

Anonymous said...

BTS is a Seattle band we used to go listen to in clubs back in the day! I love them--personal favorite-- "When Not Being Stupid Is Not Enough"
Kate