Friday, December 14, 2007

Parade

I'm getting ready to go pick up my wife's car from the shop. Check that one off the list, and then we will fix my fender bender in January.

Then at 6:00, TB and I get to ride on a float with his Cub Scout pack in the downtown Christmas parade. I think we get to hurl candy at bystanders.

I haven't been in a parade since second grade, when the Flutophone players marched and tooted out "Marching to Pretoria" or something like that. Remember the flutophone? Do kids still play those things? I remember thinking they were shrill even when I was eight years old!



Then we have about a hundred parties this weekend and I need to start some Christmas shopping. Usually, I buy a lot online. This year, I haven't done anything. Zero. Nada. I know what I'm looking for, I just haven't had time to get out. Maybe I'll drag the boy for my annual visit to the mall on Saturday. I'll bribe him with a Chik-Fil-A.


Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

The parade used to be on TV. Do you know if it is? I didn't get down to see it.

dsbowers said...

I'm not sure if it's on TV anymore. It was a good night for the parade. Nice and warm, which was great since we had to entertain 32 cub scouts waiting to get started!