Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Confused by the Baseball Schedule

I was keyed in on the Mets opener vs. the Marlins on the 31st, because I was completely unprepared to see this article about the Red Sox winning their opening game against the A's. Since when do we start the season this early? Then I looked at the rest of the league and they are all still in Florida or Arizona playing spring training games. I guess they were just allowing for the travel time after a two game series in Tokyo.

I think the Mets are looking good this year. They shored up their pitching with Santana. I am a wee bit worried about the bullpen, specifically Billy Wagner. He ain't no young thing anymore. They also need Carlos Delgado to stay healthy and have a better season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the season were to end today, the Red Sox would be "World" Champions again. How about that?

dsbowers said...

Yeah, how about that. I'm thinking this year will be a bit of a struggle. Yankees are looking tough.

Rob said...

Mets have to be the favorites in the NL East. The Phils have a great lineup, but the pitching is very suspect. Atlanta is sort of the opposite. The Nats and Marlins are pretty hopeless. So, unless they loose 10 in a row to end the season, they should be lock.