Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lemon

I'm not ever buying another HP PC. I trusted them because I worked with HP3000 and HP9000 mainframes for a few years and they were rock solid. Mainframes, PCs, apples and oranges.

I thought I found a good deal a couple years ago on this m7360n Media Center PC. First off, I don't even use most of it's bells and whistles. It's my own fault for buying more than I needed. But this thing is a lemon.

We've had to replace a fan, a hard drive (or so we thought, turned out to be something else entirely), and a video card. Plus it's hot, loud, unpredictable, and the DVD drives only work when they want to. Have to try over and over again sometimes.

Never again. I'm thinking about chucking it out the attic window just so I have a reason to replace it (after doing a full backup, of course).

I only mention it now because it's groaning at me like a constipated goat. Next time I'm going to find a hardware geek to build a PC for me.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I have had good luck with HPs in the past but in recent years I've heard not-so-nice things about them. Unfortunately I have found it best to simply stick myself on a PC purchase schedule, knowing I will need to replace my desktop every 3-5 years. It shouldn't be that way but it keeps the hassles and disappointment down.