Sunday, August 17, 2008

Worn Out

Today I:

  • Scraped and painted the front porch steps
  • Removed the front storm windows, cleaned out all the dead bugs on the window sills, and washed the windows inside and out
  • Watered all the plants and trees
  • Spray painted two chairs
  • Spray painted two outdoor candle holders
  • Weed whacked the yard
  • Trimmed the bushes in front of the house
  • Picked peppers
  • Mowed the grass (or, I should say, the longs wispy puffs that are growing above what used to be my grass)
  • Went to Home Depot
  • Mulched the front beds
  • Pumped up bike and car tires with a foot pump, and in the process tried to guillotine my big toe (word of advice: never use a foot pump with sandals on)
Doesn't sound like all that much, but I'm worn out. Still, I love days like this, piddling around with projects and taking care of our little piece of the world.

2 comments:

Amy Hanek said...

That's quite a list!! I did have to go to two different schools and fill out the same information for three different kids. My right arm is tired!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's an impressive list! I'm sure glad I read this on Monday or you'd have spoiled my Perfect Day Of Couch Potato'ing.