Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bye, Bye Now

So long, Mitsu! Sold her tonight for a fair price to a nice young couple who seem like they should make her a good, fun home. Shoot, I took a look at the service records and I haven't even put 3500 miles on the car this year. And that includes two trips to New York.

It's no Ferrari, but it was a powerful little thing for a low priced sports car. It just was not right for a fat-ass like me, and it was completely impractical for moving children about town. If one sat behind the driver, they had to lay their legs up sideways.

I'm glad I found someone who will put her to good use.

Now, here's my dilemma. Well, I guess dilemma isn't a good word for it, because it's not really a problem. Anyway, I have to make a decision, and in the wake of the ass-kicking the economy took recently, it's should be an easy one.

We have a 2008 Honda CR-V, which is, and will be, the "family" car for the next 100 years or so. We also have a 1996 Toyota Camry with 140,000 miles that was the family car before the Honda arrived. It looks a wreck, but would probably last many more years. Only problem it has now is a slow power steering fluid leak, which seems to have responded to Lucas Oil Stop Leak.

I'm driving the Camry to work now, which is only a couple miles. Plus, the city promised some sort of free trolley service from the hospital to downtown. I could walk to it in 10 minutes, if they ever start it up, so I'd only need to drive once in awhile.

So I have little reason to shop for a car.

But, I could still get a couple thousand dollars for the Toyota. Pair that up with the proceeds from the Mitsu and I could be well on the way to a decent late-model used car.

I really like the looks of this one, or maybe this one. But I guess I should just wait awhile and see if the country goes under before I spend anything I don't need to spend. It's fun looking, though.

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

I think you should keep the cash. Wait until January when things are a little more settled.

Rob said...

i'm trying to hold out for a plug-in of some kind or another. i'm just hoping goldie (1999 Subaru Legacy) can make it until they start to show up in car lots in 2010.