Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Good Evening, This Is the Voice of Enigma

This evening I'm revisiting a musical microtrend from the early '90's. Remember when chant music was almost popular? Enigma and Deep Forest were huge for awhile. Occasionally you would hear them on the radio, but they were huge in clubs. I was in my early 20s in Washington, DC at the time. I was more of a dull homebody than I should have been during those years, but even I know this was exceptional sex music.

OK, so why am I listening to it all alone tonight? Because of House and Nip/Tuck, that's why. My wife is laid up watching the TV, so I'm having my own affair with old music.

After Enigma and Deep Forest, there was a hit album from the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo, called "Chant". That was a great record, but I guess that's where it stops being sex music.

1 comment:

Roanoke RnR said...

Jeff, I went through the Enigma and Benedictine Monk stage too. Thanks for reminding me. I gotta pull those cds out. But for today I have to find my Bauhaus CD and play my Halloween fave, Bela Lugosi's Dead...