Friday, July 18, 2008

Pussy Problem

I told ya' awhile ago about this new cat, right? Well she's sweet. As sweet as can be, for sure. She gets up on LBB and kneads at her face and neck. Could not be cuter.

The thing is, though, throughout the night she all over me because she knows I'm the one that's going to crack open a can for her in the morning. She climbs on my back, she lays across my legs, she flicks her tail in my face.

Isn't that so, so sweet?

Henry Rollins doesn't do all this. He just waits patiently. He's a good boy.

So how can I get a good night's sleep with this new cat? Should I get a fish tank to keep her occupied? Breed mice that she can chase? Should I cut her tail off? (Joking! Kidding! I would never do that . . . except at about 4:00 AM when tickling my face . . . oh, OK, no I wouldn't, not even then). How about some catnip in the basement?

I mean, I appreciate how sweet she is. She's a great cat, but how do I get her off of me and on up onto LBB each night?

I'm not getting any rest!

6 comments:

Amy Hanek said...

I have a "whiner cat" and she is all over me too. Be consistent with her feeding schedule - you might want to make her wait a few minutes from when you rise each morning. I make my little kitty wait 'till I've made my coffee.

A week or two later, she will realize that there's no hurrying you along (I hope). Nights may improve from then on.

Also, weekends held a certain learning curve for my kitty too. She has an amazing internal clock. If I get up at 6 am during the week, she will be there at 6 am, poking me at 6 am Saturday morning.

Maybe our cats are somehow related?

Anonymous said...

Rub LBB down with tuna before bedtime.

Anonymous said...

Your feed appears in the top right corner of my iGoogle homepage, so everytime I've opened up my browser for the last week the first thing I've seen is Pussy Problem. My 3 year old son's bedroom is right beside ours, so I've got a problem of my own that doesn't have anything to do with cats. Please post something else soon so I can get my mind out of the gutter.

Rob said...

Does Henry Rollins have a lot of tattoos? Maybe a history of Nervous Breakdown?

Anonymous said...

ummm, the title caught me off guard.
Ever since we sent our dog to my parents' cabin in NC for a month of r&r, she has been sleeping in our bed. So it's like having a third person in there, which is no fun. So my nights have not been easy either. Can offer no advice.

Amy Hanek said...

Chris - you just said what everyone else was thinkin'.

Jeff - did you MEAN to post with such cruelty on our dirty, dirty minds?

rofl