Saturday, February 28, 2009

21 Questions

Seems like I'm always swiping these lists from Country Dew. Ahh, that's alright, she swiped it from someone else and that's just what we bloggers do on rainy Saturdays.

1) Do you like bleu cheese? Yes, I do. The bleuer the better.

2) Have you ever smoked? Sadly, yes. First time when I was 10 years old. Everyone in my family except my mother and one sister-in-law was, or still is, a smoker. So it was easy to get away with. I didn't pick it up regularly until I was 17 or so. After that, I would quit for long stretches, even a couple years, but I would somehow start up again. I was never a heavy smoker, probably 5 packs a week at my peak. I quit cold turkey a week after my son was born and haven't done it since. Now even the thought of it is sickening to me.

3) Do you own a gun? No, and I wouldn't. I have nothing against hunting, it just doesn't interest me. And I think handguns are more of a danger than a comfort.

4) What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I didn't care for any of them except lemonade.

5) What do you think of hot dogs? I like them once in awhile. They always taste better at a ball game than they do at home.

6) Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life. Although I must admit I thought Bad Santa was funny.

7) What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Grapefruit juice, then either coffee or Diet Coke.

8) Can you do push-ups? Yes, but not as many as I used to. Weaker arms, bigger self.

9) What is your favorite piece of jewelry? Anything I buy for my wife that she enjoys. The only thing I have is my wedding ring.

10) Favorite hobby? Can I say exercising? I guess not, that's more of a necessity than a hobby. I'll say reading and listening to music. At one point a couple years ago I might have said blogging. I'm trying to get back into it.

11) Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes, glasses for distance. I used to wear them all the time, but now they are off more than on. I think that means I need bi-focals. I have worn contacts but don't have any right now.

12) Middle name? Scott

13) Name three drinks you regularly drink? Diet soda, beer, water.

14) Current worry? That my son will start to hate swimming as he gets older and the practices consume all his time.

15) Current hate right now? Day after day after day of bad news on the economy. I'm also peeved with people bitching and moaning about Obama and the stimulus package. I'm not happy that it's necessary, but it is, and I'm sure McCain would have done something very similar.

16) Favorite place to be? My house, at the beach, or hiking up a mountain.

17) Do you own slippers? I have a pair of moccasins but I never wear them. I usually wear running shoes and it drives my wife nuts. I've never been entirely comfortable in bare feet.

18) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never have.

19) Can you whistle? Yes, but nothing fancy.

20) What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing, but I nearly always have a song in my head. It can be anything. This morning it was "The Stanky Legg", because I watched that silly video on YouTube yesterday.

21) Last thing that made you laugh? Well, The Stanky Legg is pretty funny, but I'll say it was the sight of my son racing at top speed through the produce department in Kroger holding a grapefruit over his head and crashing head on into a giant crate of melons.

There you go. Feel free to play along!

No comments: