Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's It Gonna Be Today? Locusts?

Tuesday night, of course, we had this going on. See that little clump of three arrows on Jefferson St.? See the city block just north of the bottom bubble? That's my house! Thankfully we just had a quick burst of heavy rain on my block. Truth is, we didn't even have any branches in the yard. Different story two blocks up. I'm glad everyone was OK.

Then last night, I get home from taking TB to swim practice only to find dozens of people swarming about my block and a river of brown murky water running down the street. A water main broke, right exactly where the tornado came through. As of this morning it's yet to be determined if it was just a coincidence.

Sadly, my car (the old one, thankfully), was parked at the curb and was the first one in the path of all the rock and rubble that cascaded down the hill. The car was fine, but it diverted all the rip-rap onto my front lawn. I must have shoveled up 300 pounds of rock and gravel last night. Good times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strange thing is that I live 2 blocks away and had no idea this had happened until I read about it in the newspaper.

Anonymous said...

well at least your wife was out having fun, drinking wine, and laughing with girls while you were moving rocks.

dsbowers said...

Yeah, how about that . . .

CountryDew said...

Wow. When the locust come, I hope you take a picture!