Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Congressional Hearings On Steroids in Baseball

Can someone please explain to me why Congress is holding hearings on steroids in major league baseball? I mean, come on! Even though I'm enjoying seeing big ais Roger Clemens squirm in the hot seat, I resent my tax dollars being used to investigate what is essentially an employer/employee issue. Has Congress ever examined, oh, let's say, employee theft at 7-Eleven? I bet not. That's a problem, just like steroids, don't you think?

I'm glad the issue has come to the forefront and baseball is working to clean up its act, but enough already. Let's move on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught a bit of the circus this afternoon which went something like this:

Chairman: "So, we asked you to locate a witness for us and you contacted that witness and you talked to her."

Clemens: "Yes. I hadn't spoken with her in years, but I found her and let her know you wanted to talk to her. I told her to tell you the truth."

Chairman: "Don't you think it was inappropriate for you to contact her after all these years?"

Me: Bang head against wall while swearing about a**holes in Congress."

Son: "Mommy, what's an a**hole?"

Roanoke RnR said...

I'm with you. This is freaking ridiculous!!!!