Thursday, February 7, 2008

Don't Scroux With The Roux

Today I arrived home from work to find my wife making dinner. Once I got done soiling myself from shock I realized she's making one of my favorite dishes, Pastitsio. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this excellent surprise. One frightening feature of this dish is that you have to make a roux. That's always the time I'm told to leave the kitchen: "Back off, I'm makin' a roux!"

I'm not sure what the big deal is. All you do is stand there and stir. Still, I scurried away as I was told, because I don't want to screw up before dinner time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She deserved a nice saucy ROUX (had to google that one). She burned of a lot of calories at cycle class!

dsbowers said...

Aha! Now I know why we had the high carb dinner.