Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kids Today




Take a look at what my son wrote in school today. They had a lesson on dental care, and I guess the tooth fairy is part of the curriculum.

Here's the text, [sic] all misspellings and grammatical errors of course:

"Dear Tooth Fairy, I want my loss tooth to fall out when I am playing bassketball and I am puting it in my peloe and I want 200 [drawings of $100 bills y'all] and my tooth bruch sings to much."

Just to translate the one really strange word, a "peloe" is a pillow. He has a pillow with a little pocket to put his lost teeth in for the tooth fairy. He also has one of those "Tooth Tunes" brushes, that's what sings too much.

But what is going on with this demand for $200? Gaaaahhh! Ain't bloody likely. He's already lost seven teeth. I'm guessing, although I don't know for sure, that he will get $1 for number eight, just like all the others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAWD--our tooth fairy is a total cheap-o. Seriously, the tooth fairy at our house gives coins. $100 bills? I ask myself how my 8 year old daughter still believes in this whole deal, especially when it is so utterly disappointing.

dsbowers said...

He is usually quite excited with the one dollar in his pillow, so he can forget about the other $199. That's gone to his college fund.

Kim Hambric said...

Glad to know you're keeping it real with a $1 bill.