Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We've had a running joke since we moved to Roanoke in 1995 (LBB having grown up here, then left in 1983 only to come back, like so many do), that there has never been a Memorial Day weekend with good weather. Gateway to summer, rainy ass weather. That's how it's been.

We missed a few because of travel to the beach, my parents house, or other places, but overall we pretty much expect disappointment with this holiday weekend. So is it possible this is coming?
I sure hope so. This has been a crazy cool spring. I'm pleased we haven't turned on the AC yet (much), but I'm ready for some sun and heat. TB had his first summer swim practice last night and the water temp was about 68. I'm ready for pool season, so come on sunshine!

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I wondered the same thing. Festival in the Park, Memorial Day - usually that means rain.