Friday, May 23, 2008

On Time Charlie

Why aren't people ever on time? Am I the only one out there who likes to get there on time? I don't mean a half hour ahead of time. I haven't lost my sense of time and distance like lots of grannys and granddaddys out there who seem to forget that it only takes ten minutes to drive three miles unless it's rush hour. I'm also not talking about arrival at a cocktail party, because generally the hosts allow themselves 1/2 hour of extra prep time in assumption of lateness.

I just mean on time. The time you said you would get there.

I do have a habit of getting to doctor and vet appointments about five minutes early because oftentimes (in fact almost every time in my experience) you can sneak in ahead of some other tardy-ass loser.

Otherwise, expect me there just about precisely when expected.

Am I the only one who sees promptness as a virtue?

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

No, you are not the only one.

Anonymous said...

After 30 or so years of being consistently late for things (if I showed up at all) I became a stickler about getting places on time. I noticed how much less stressful my life was when I wasn't racing against the clock and how much better I felt about myself when I wasn't letting people down. (Because even chronically late people know they shouldn't be late, no matter how many lame-ass excuses they come up with.)

Now it drives me absolutely nuts when someone else is late. I've severed friendships over the matter, solely because life's too short to spend it waiting on other people.