Friday, January 11, 2008

I've Got Nothing or I Used It All Up

Note the six day absence from this blog. Note the anemic trifle offered just before it petered out completely.

I've got nothing, folks. I entered the New Year with a plan and a purpose and it floated away and out of sight, like the balloon you let go of at the carnival before you had a chance to tie it to your wrist.

While we've been getting some good rains to refill our reservoirs, I find my own tank approaching E. The warning light teases me: uphill, on, downhill, off; in the flats, it flickers and fades, flickers and fades. I don't know if the next station is right up ahead, or if I'm speeding away from it, setting myself up for a long hike back to familiar lands, a beggar with a gas can. AAA wont help here.

I haven't felt like posting a thing, so I haven't. I've been reading my usual blogroll, but I've been too lazy to comment much; a shame, because I've seen some really good stuff out there lately. I need to revise my latest monthly piece for the paid gig. I don't wanna. I'm aching to rethink my blog, its design and its direction, but I don't feel like it right now. I need to get going on a bigger project I've been thinking of, but it's too much trouble.

Is it the season? Post holiday blues? Have I been playing too much Wii? Not enough blood to my brain?

Ah, whatever. I'm hopeful this lull is just a psychic reorganization, a catching up, my mind saying, "Hey, wait a minute, I'm tired. Let me get a donut and some coffee. Then we'll talk about it and move forward, together."

I always noticed, when my son was a toddler, whenever he went through a phase of extreme fussiness, bad behavior, or other unpredictable nonsense, it was always followed by a major breakthrough - walking to running, words to sentences, "Gimme" to "Please may I?"

I choose to hope that's where I am now, on the edge of something better, a balloon man right nearby.

1 comment:

Roanoke RnR said...

It seems like a lot of bloggers feel the way you do lately. Me? I'm going through the opposite right now, I have so much to say but just can't. Hopefully in the not too distant future I can rise from the ashes...