Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Kind of List Is That?

My wife and son are going a'visiting up north for the next couple days, so I find myself with 48+ hours to myself. I asked her to jot down any chores she might want me to deal with while they are gone. All she came up with was:

  • move a bookshelf
  • vacuum
  • feed the cat
  • post a few items on Craigslist
  • put out the order for the milkman on Monday

What? That's it? I thought she might want me to paint a room or build a bookshelf or clean out the basement.

This is great, because now I can work on my own list. I really should clean out the gutters on the garage, but naw, too cold for that.

I think I'm going to have a long workout at the gym, go to Barnes and Noble and spend my gift card, and work on finding some online guitar lessons. There's some excellent NCAA basketball today, and then tomorrow the NFL conference championship games.

So, I'm going to miss them, but it looks like I'll have a pretty good weekend, too.

No comments: