Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yipe, A Year

Today, it's been one year since I unfurled this blog experiment. Thanks for stopping by.

I didn't quite make my recently stated goal of one post per day. Still, 336 posts in a year is not bad, especially since I tried hard to keep this fun. I didn't want to get to where blogging felt like work, and I believe that is what sustained me through periods of doubt.

Of course there are great bloggers who show up only once or twice a week, and crappy ones that pepper you all day long, so quantity is not a big factor anyway.

I've had over 11,000 visitors since I started counting, and the trend has been up, so I'm excited about that.

Also, today was a record google ad revenue day, $3.30! I think Giants fans are hitting that "Psyche Tom Brady Out" ad. It's from all the Tom Coughlin traffic.

Over the year I promised more design overhauls than I actually did. Overall, my template has remained pretty static, with a few rearrangements here and there. Two reasons for that: I kinda like it the way it is, and I realize that if I'm ever going to take it to the next level, I'll have to ditch Blogger anyway. I'm not going to spend a bunch of time until I make the leap to Wordpress.

Tonight, I might go through all my posts over the year and see if I can update the "Top Nine" on the right sidebar. It's a little skewed toward the earlier stuff.

So, on to a new year!

1 comment:

Roanoke RnR said...

Recently I set up a blog at Wordpress, but I didn't like it. It doesn't automatically e-mail me my post and I felt blogger was easier to use, but that's just me. I actually have to upgrade my blogger so that I could insert those nifty little gadget things, but am afraid I'll screw it all up if I attempt to.