Sunday, January 20, 2008

Uncomfortable Being Comfortable

I saw a comedian on TV last night who was suggesting that we need a dress code in airports because too many people show up in their PJ's. People looking that comfortable make him uncomfortable.

It was hilarious.

Last night, in my own house, with nothing to do, and my wife and child out of town, after I got out of the shower, I thought about putting on sweats or PJs or other "comfortable" clothes, and I just couldn't do it. I had to put on jeans, a shirt, and shoes. That is how I'm comfortable.

This drives my wife nuts, because she wants a clean floor, but it's completely against my nature to take my shoes off when I walk in the house. If it's rainy, I try to remove my shoes by the door so I don't make a big mess, but sometimes I forget.

I just don't like walking around in my socks.

No comments: