Friday, April 13, 2007

How Would You Answer?

Yesterday evening, my boy and I were outside in the driveway shooting baskets. Out of nowhere, he said, "My drink is better than yours."

Excuse me? He was drinking water, I had a Killian's.

So I asked him, "What do you mean, did you taste it?"

"No, Daddy, my drink is better for me than yours."

"Right, son, it is."

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Is beer good for you?"

"Uhh, no, not really. Beer isn't very good for you."

"So, Daddy, why do you drink so much of it?"

1 comment:

RoanokeFound said...

depends on my mood that day - some days I would say "because mommy makes me.. " and leave it at that, and some days I would say "because I believe commercials are real" and really mess with his sense of reality.

course, I don't have kids yet - just dogs, and they mess with my sense of reality every day.

probably a good thing.