Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Little Black Ants

They are back. This is the first warm weather season for JSR online, and let me tell you that I have an ongoing hatred for little black f****** ants. They are inside my pantry, underneath my detached garage, crawling up my foundation, and, figuratively, right up inside my pants.

I vow to eradicate these things. If you do the research online, it looks like the professionals have little else to offer but baits and sprays near where they get in the house. Easier said than done on a house nearly 80 years old.

Last year, after spraying to no avail, we finally tried "Grant's Kills Ants" baits. They worked, but it was August by that time. I'm going to give them another try, inside and out. We now have baits all around the foundation and the garage, inside near the kitchen and the pantry, and in other random places. I sprayed the foundation, set off a bomb in the sub-earth below the garage; and, tomorrow when the TB isn't around, I'm going to bomb the myriad crawl spaces we have under this infested hovel.

This is another reason, besides politics, for me to blitch about the south. Bugs were never a problem up in New York.

1 comment:

Roanoke RnR said...

Forget sprays, forget bait, the best ant killer is Terro. It's a gooey clear liquid that you put down. The ants love it and feast on it then bring it back to the nest where they die off. Now, you will get grossed out when you see hundreds, thousands in ecstasy and you must forgoe the urge to kill them, which is hard, I know, but it only works after they bring it back home. Takes about 2 days and they'll be gone from that spot. Of course a new colony will come to visit somewhere else and just do the same thing again.