Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Greetings From The Badger State

I'm spending a few days this week in lovely and fun Madison, Wisconsin, for a training class. I don't think I have ever been in Wisconsin before. From the little bit I've seen, it reminds me of Western New York.

Of course I'm staying in a hotel in the middle of an office park complex, but there are farms everywhere: next to the airport, within the Madison city limits, surrounding the office park. It's a pretty, pastoral, lushly green place.

It's nice to be here in June.

This made me think: what states have I been to? Looking at the list, I think I need to travel more. I don't count flyovers, but drive throughs are OK. Here's where I've been:

Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and now Wisconsin.

That's 30 of 50, but I'd like to see the rest, so I better get moving!

Where have you been? (Or not been, if it's easier.)

4 comments:

Roanoke RnR said...

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware (only stopped to eat), New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Alabama, Arkansas, California. Outside of US - Canada, Mexico, Italy, Bermuda.
I'm definitely looking forward to driving out west hopefully sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

I've lived in...

New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Ohio, Kentucky, and Virginia. I've slept in Maine, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, DC, North Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Indiana, Illinois, Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin. In no particular order. :)

dsbowers said...

Oh, yeah, I guess I should add other places that aren't US states:

I've visited Puerto Rico, lived in Washington DC for five years, and I've been to Canada numerous times, primarily Toronto, with a stop off at Brewer's Retail on Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

tiff5413 said...

I've been to: Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, California, Nevada, Utah, Kentucky, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Washington D.C., Arkansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona and Massachusetts.