Thursday, June 7, 2007

Happy 6th, TB!

After a big whoppin' party last week, it's finally TB's 'real' birthday today. What a day! Of course it was a school day, but it was also the day of his kindergarten play (two performances, 10:30 and 2:30!), swim practice after school, and then the birthday activities.

I'm not sure who's more worn out among the three of us. He wanted to go out for barbecue for supper and then have a few friends over for popsicles. Good idea, since it's hot hot hot this week.

So the adults had a few orange sodas of our own and we had a nice time.

We missed G'diddy a good bit today. We didn't talk about it much, because G'diddy wants people to have a good time, but it was a little different without him. Oh, hell, everyday is different, but it's OK.

I wanted to carry on a bit more about my boy but I'm tired. He's getting to be so much not a little kid anymore. I know, he's only six, and he's cute and all that, but a big ole' six year-old gaseous gorilla leaping on you in the morning is quite different than when he's two or three.

I tried to take a decent picture tonight to post for his birthday. It didn't work out too good, so, now that it's almost the last day of school, here he is on the first day of school. My boy. I love him dearly.

No comments: