Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Night Out

The conspiracy last night turned out to be that several of the neighborhood hens got together and planned a surprise guys night out. Six of us were picked up and transported downtown to an excellent local steakhouse. Although steaks are the specialty, I was in the mood for something different, so I had crab cakes. They were delicious, but I was hungry again a few hours later.

So we tore through a couple bottles of wine and a whole bunch of beer and had a fine time. The wives didn't have transportation home arranged for us, so, since we all live only a mile and a half from downtown, we decided to walk. On the way, one of the guys decided to stop at the Getty Mart for a 40 of Colt-45. Can you imagine?

The walk recharged us nicely, so we stopped off at the local watering hole for a couple more. It was a good night, and to my surprise, I woke up this morning feeling A-OK. I thought I was going to be a total wreck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh - I ate lunch at the Fork today!