Sunday, June 24, 2007

They Tricked Me

I had an odd feeling that the 1:16 tee time today was some trick.

I noticed on Friday that the big ass coolers in the basement weren't there anymore.

Oddly, there was some Foster's Lager in the basement fridge that I didn't recall buying. I just figured that while I was in Wisconsin last week, LBB had some illicit visitors. Ah, no problem there. My bigger fear was that I bought some Foster's and just forgot.

I thought it was odd that my golfing partner drove home, about five miles or so, at 20 MPH.

Then, when we got here, there were strangers shucking oysters in my kitchen. WTF?

Then I knew . . . PARTY!!!!!!!!

And a good one it was. Whooh! Wow! Tomorrow is going to suck severely, but I guess I'll get through it.

I've been well treated this weekend.

I have a couple of VERY VERY positive reviews to put out here. One for the place we went last night, 202 Market; one for the seafood that was brought here tonight by Steve (who runs the Seafood Co. restaurant on Colonial, where Cap'n Paul's used to be). I'm going to give details and happy link action within a few days, but I really want to give better thought to my words than I'm able to offer right now.

What a wonderful, amazing, surprising, fulfilling weekend it's been here on Jefferson Street. I love my wife and my friends. I'm a lucky man.

No comments: