Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm The Birthday Boy!

The celebrations go on and on. Today is the big ole' four-o for me. Forty. Uggghh. I can't say that I feel forty, but I sure as hell don't feel twenty-five, either.

It's been a great weekend. We went to a cocktail party last night, but came home on the early side. Slept in (which means 8:15). Piddled around the house a little, then I had a $10 Lowe's gift card to blow so I went to get some herbs. They were all dried out, and they didn't have what I wanted anyway, so I came home with some tiki torches.

LBB and TB gave me some nice gifts, even though I said all I wanted was "low bills". There was a nice shirt and a pair of pants. Also, something called "Red Hot Mary", which is habanero Bloody Mary mix.

Then I went to Kroger, where, I actually got carded buying beer. Great day in the morning! On my 40th birthday, no less. I almost reached over the counter to give the cashier a big wet kiss.

After lunch, we went to the pool, where they had a band and cheapo oysters, wings, and draft beer. They were even selling jello shooters, but I passed on those. It was like a big beach party.

When I got home, there was a dude mowing my lawn. That never happens, so when I looked at him funny he said, "Happy Birthday!"

My son is having a sleepover with a friend tonight, and he's already gone. We are going to try out a new joint downtown called 202 Market. I've heard good things, so I'm looking forward to it.

Then tomorrow, I have a tee time at 1:16. Is June the best month ever, or what?

Life is good here on Jefferson St. this weekend.

No comments: