Monday, September 17, 2007

Narcillistic

Sometimes, if the blog has been blah, and I'm off my game, I like to do one of those self-loving lists that float around out there. The past several days, I've been completely uninspired because I was struggling mightily with my October Circle column, losing severely in touch football, and attending my son's first cub scout pack meeting, among a dozen other things.

So to get back in the swing of things, I thought I'd give this list a whirl, which I found here. Do you like my new word? Narcillistic? Clever, huh?

Here's the list:

Tired of those same old 55 questions about me surveys? Well here are 55 I guarantee you’ve never answered.

1. Is your second toe longer than your first?
No, they are about the same.

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
One that I can find when I need it

3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing?
Working, but at least it's a Friday!

4. What color are your toenails usually?
Natural nail color

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
A book I was studying for a certification exam (which I didn't pass by one lousy point)

6. What color are your bedroom curtains?
Green and orange (it's not as bad as it sounds)

7. What color are the seats in your car?
black

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Yes, but he was 99% black

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
A credit card bill.

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
No

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
To get money to go to a Greek festival for lunch

12. Whose is the last baby that you held?
my neighbor's

13. Unlucky #?
84 (see question #5)

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
Ick, no

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
Mitsubishi Eclipse (still driving it now)

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
Gators

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
1981, I think (Great Adventure in New Jersey)

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Not anymore.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
a notepad

20. Last person to give you a business card?
Someone I met at a training class

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
the milkman

22. Closest framed picture to you?
My son, behind me, looking over my shoulder.

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Specifically for me? A couple weeks ago.

24. Have you ever applied for welfare?
No.

25. How many emails do you have?
Addresses? Six.

26. Last time you received flowers?
I don't think I ever have.

27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman?
No

28. Do you play air guitar?
Occasionally

29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
Sort of, but it wasn't under the best of circumstances.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
No, black coffee only.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
Excuse me? What's that?

32. What is/was your high school’s rival mascot?
I don't think they had a mascot, but our biggest rival was the FDRoosevelt Presidents

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
My friend Craig, about 16 years ago

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
last night

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
absolutely!

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
white

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
sports section, trying to figure out why the Mets can't beat the Phillies

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
never have

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Papa John's

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Only the kind from Burger King

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
My father-in-law's estate inventory

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
Never heard of it

44. Are you ticklish?
Not so much

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
July 4, Avalon Pier, Kill Devil Hills, NC. The pier caught on fire. Twice!

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Golly, years ago

47. Who is the last person that left you a message & you actually returned it?
a coworker

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Hmmmm . . . 3 years ago?

49. Do you have a black dog?
No. No dogs for me

50 . Have you had your mid life crisis yet?
I'm in the midst of it right now

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Oh, yes. 9 nieces and nephews. 10 great-nieces and great-nephews. And I'm only 40!

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
my son, or maybe Jessica Alba

53. What kind of soap or body wash do you use?
whatever is on sale

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
Just the name, not the music.

55. Do you have a little black dress?
No, I'm a big burly man. It would look ridiculous, and besides I don't have any shoes to go with it.

3 comments:

Roanoke RnR said...

55???? Too much information ;)

dsbowers said...

OK, I should have said I "wouldn't" have any shoes to go with it, rather than saying "don't" have, which implies I actually have one.

Thanks, Ms. E. That was a valuable grammar lesson!

CountryDew said...

Wow, that's some list. But I think you need to answer one that's more male oriented, that one seemed a little gender biased. I like doing these things, too, sometimes, when I get stuck.