Sunday, September 2, 2007

Rockin' Good News

Last night, LBB and I suddenly found ourselves free of child. TB wanted to have his best buddy from across the street over for a sleepover. Problem is, the buddy doesn't like to sleep over here because TB keeps him up too late. So the sleepover happened across the street.

LBB and I went downtown to Nico's for dinner. I'd give it three out of four stars. I had a scallop and pasta dish, which was tasty, but it had kalamata olives in it. They were not mixed in, but rather laid to the around the edges of the dish. I love kalamata olives, but they seemed out of place in this dish. LBB had fettuccini with asparagus and it was very tasty. I had a side of mushrooms, which seemed to have balsamic vinegar on them. I wasn't too happy with that. The crostini appetizer was fantastic. Also had a very nice bottle of chardonnay for $30. Wish I could remember what it was called.

We got home about 9:30, and miracle of miracles I was able to convince my wife to stay up and watch a movie! 9:30 is past her witching hour. So we watched Wild at Heart, which is not one of Lynch's best but an amusing film nonetheless. One thing that struck me, now that my son's front teeth are in various stages of missing or emerging: he looks a bit like Bobby Peru!

No comments: