Tuesday, February 20, 2007

For the Sake of Posting

As Jim Anchower says, it's been awhile since I rapped at ya'.

When I first put up this blog I vowed it would not go the way of most New Year's exercise resolutions: first a zealous daily workout, then a few times a week, then you catch the flu and it derails you for awhile. You try to get back into the rhythm, but things have been really crazy at work, and the kid's schedule and all, and then it's once every Sunday afternoon, and then nothing for two months, a quick flurry of activity before your beach trip, and then nothing but the YMCA bill for the next six months.

No, I knew I had to hit the ground running if I want to keep this up. So, 22 posts in 28 days. Not bad. I've also spent a good bit of time working with the layout, and just going out there reading blogs to try to see where I might best hit my stride. To get organized, I even set up Google Reader tonight.

I have a number of drafts in the works. Started one yesterday about how this would not be a political forum for me, but how shades of things would come forth from time to time. Before I knew it, I was spilling every arbitrary political opinion I have. As my blogroll grows, you'll probably get a sense that I'm all over the map. The World's Smallest Political Quiz pegs me a liberal libertarian. Maybe so, but I'm not committing to it. Give it a try and comment whether you think it's accurate.

Then I have another half-done post explaining why I still listen to Yes, and I'm not ashamed of it, as long as I'm all alone late at night with the volume low, and there's no chance that LBB will walk in the room. Seriously, though, give Heart of the Sunrise or Close to the Edge a whirl. Goofy lyrics or not, the music was certainly unique.

That's all for now. Crazy, whacky work week going on, so I've got to be tip top tomorrow.

No comments: