Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Sleepy

Went to a Super Bowl party last night, but I was so tired from earlier weekend activities that I just couldn't get into it. The company was genial, the snacks plentiful, the TV massive. But right after halftime we beat it for home to get TB into bed. I took to the couch and halfway paid attention to the second half on my wee little 32" screen.

Part of my lack of enthusiasm comes from being neutral to both teams. I'm a Bills and Redskins guy. I leaned slightly toward the Bears, just because I naturally pull for the underdog, and I was tired of hearing how inconsistent Rex Grossman can be. At least this time he was consistent: consistently bad. I had a feeling, after the Bears returned that opening kickoff, that the Colts were going to take it. It seems like a big early strike portends miserable play through the game.

It was fun watching the scrambles for the slippery ball, but overall, the thing that held my attention most was waiting to see if Prince or one of his dancers would slip in a puddle and go headfirst off the stage at halftime. I also liked the rock, paper, scissors Bud Light ad. Sick but funny. Most of the other commercials were creepy, like the beating that high blood pressure gave to the heart-suit man. The Sierra Mist ads were dreadful. I was oddly amused by Robert Goulet sneaking into your office and messing with your stuff, but I don't even remember what that one advertised.

No comments: