Sunday, February 11, 2007

Voices Inside My Head

I love trance music, so I should go out to clubs more often. Somehow, I missed the rave scene by just a few years, and I'm kinda glad because there are a lot of drugs that go along with that, and my ability to say "no" can be very limited.

Tonight, though, I'm very excited that The Police are playing live to open the Grammy awards. The hell with the rest of the show, but I'm there for this performance. The Police are often called a "punk" band, which may apply to their early songs and about half of their first album. Then they threw a bit of ska or reggae flavor into Regatta de Blanc. But on Zenyatta Mondatta, I think they presaged the growing popularity of trance and ambient music.

Give a listen to When the World is Running Down, then even better yet, Voices Inside My Head. The best song from a band that had very few clunkers. My only complaint is that they didn't make that song about twenty minutes long. But I can always listen to it over and over, which I have done many times, and which I'm doing now.

If The Police go on tour, this may well be the first time I spend a ridiculous amount of money and effort to get to a concert.

No comments: