Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Evening Has Been Tabled

Tonight, a new kitchen table and chairs arrived on Jefferson St. I'm struggling with the nuts, bolts, and allen wrenches of Malaysia. I think I must have a hundred allen wrenches from projects like this.

The table is very solid, but the diagram that tells you how to build the chairs is partially a mirror image of the real thing - but not fully, I think I could deal with that. Trust me, it's not the beer.
I looked at it again and again, and it's backward. I had problems trying to flip-flop half the picture in my mind, but finally I chucked the picture and just built the damn chairs.

So far, table and three chairs are done, one chair to go. Then the real test: my big self sits up on them to see if they will hold up.

Oh, and the TB took yet another game from ole' Dad tonight.

No comments: