Monday, March 5, 2007

Cruel Victory

I made up some ground on TB in the foosball tourney tonight, but I feel a little guilty about it. He's had this cough for a few days that doesn't slow him down, but it's obvious he's not on top of his game. At one point, I thought he was going to hack his bronchi inside out onto the table.

Yeah, he's down, but not out. I took the first game 10-1, which is nuts. Usually we have one or two point victories. Then game two, I won 10-5. I offered to call it a night, but he wanted to switch sides and keep at it. Game three, TB took the early lead and never looked back, winning 10-8, but that was all he had. I took the fourth game 10-4.

I made an excuse that it was dinner time to put an end to the suffering. I think I could have taken two more to get the overall lead, but I'd rather wait till he's at his best and talking trash at his ole' Dad. Then I'll thrash the little shrimp fair and square. Or not.

No comments: