Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dang It!

Dang it! My fonts have gone all a'squirrel the last couple of days. Still learning here, so I forgive myself, but forgive me as your eyes cross trying to focus. I'm thinking of a major overhaul of the site, anyway.

My son has decided his new favorite interjection is "Dang It!"

Sooooo, . . . do I correct him and suggest that exclamations of that sort are not appropriate? Do I tell him that it sounds very close to the actual curse word that will offend some people if he says it in the wrong company? Do I tell him to say "Dimples" or something else that Flanders might approve of? Or do I just tell him what the real word is and encourage him to let it fly?

Dang, nothing offends me anyway, so it's hard to enforce any of these ideas.

I'm thinking just ignore him and he will move on to the next inappropriate thing. He will anyway, right?

1 comment:

Roanoke RnR said...

Yeah, unless you want him to be picked on at school, I wouldn't recommend "Dimples"! I always encouraged "Rats!" or "Drat!" at that age.