Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fun New Features Just For You

Wow! Unexpectedly, I had a couple hours to myself this evening. LBB announced girls night at the local watering hole, which means I was on full basketball duty with TB. And then, as I popped inside to fix myself a salad, he came running in the house like he was being chased by a bear. His eyes were all big and he couldn't get his words out.

Finally, he blurted out, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Can I go with C____ to watch his tee ball game? They are getting in the van right now!"

"Did they invite you?"

"Yes, his Mommy did. I promise. She's right across the street, go ask her!"

And ask I did. Sure enough, they wanted to pile another in the van for an evening of runs, hits, and, mostly, errors.

My boy loves baseball, but more than anything, he loves being busy with his friends. He's just like his mother and his G'diddy.

So, what to do with my time?

Ah, some long neglected tweaks to the blog, how about that?

First, I started up some Earth, Wind, & Fire, to keep my mood propped up in case something went drastically wrong. Fiddling with the code still frightens me a little.

I hinted a month or so ago about a major overhaul. I'm starting to think the design is a bit depressing and seasonally inappropriate. Aesthetically, I like the black, golds, and reds, but it's a little dark now that we are heading into summer fun. Maybe that will be my Autumn/Winter template and I'll seek something more uplifting for now.

That's more than I want to deal with tonight.

So, what I did do was add a javascript to rotate my banner quotes each day. I was sick of that Banner History that I had at the bottom of the page. It looked messy. So I moved the quote to the top of the right column and off the banner. Tomorrow it should be a different quote. Ain't that nifty? I'm not sure if I'm going to spice up the banner.

Also, I added a Top Nine posts above the Archives in the left column. Who digs through archives, anyway? I thought I'd just highlight a few of my favorite posts. I chose nine for two reasons. First, it's my favorite number. Second, it means I'm always trying to complete the top ten. Gives me some motivation.

I changed some colors up just a bit.

Also, I've added a few new links recently in the Roanoke section and the Fun Places to Visit. Enjoy!

No comments: