Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Simplistic Political Prediction

I think Governor Kaine could run for President within the next ten years and win. You know why? He's a pleasant fellow. He knows how to handle a crisis. He doesn't mind sticking his neck out with a proposal, but he will compromise with the General Assembly.

Maybe I've been living in a cave, but I haven't heard nary a negative thing about Kaine. I wish we could give him a second term to prove himself further, and get some national attention.

Mark Warner quit the national race before it started. Jim Gilmore is running. Few outside of our state know them. You know why? It takes more than four years in the Statehouse to get on the radar. We need to change our one term law, but before that, I think we should find a way for Gov. Kaine to get to Washington. Maybe John Warner's Senate seat.

No comments: