Monday, May 21, 2007

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

I was a tortured man this weekend as the Mets kicked off interleague play against the Yankees. Last year, the Mets had the best record in baseball (97-65) , but they took it seriously in the nuts when they played AL teams. Frankly, I was nervous.

They came out of it winning two of three, and the Braves had a tough time with Boston, so we now have a growing lead in the NL east. Good momentum heading into a series with the Braves.

I'll say it again. The Mets are going to run away with the division and the best record in the NL. The Brewers hot start was just a fluke.

Now that David Wright is back on track, the only missing pieces are Delgado's bat (he'll be back) and Pedro (I'll keep my fingers crossed).

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Thank the gods there's another Mets fan around here. I've bumped into more than one Giants fan (Tiki helped with that, but there were also plenty of ex-NYers), but Mets fans seem few and far between.

dsbowers said...

Thanks, Andrew. Just this morning, I was thinking how my Mets posts have gone mostly ignored, and I was feeling alone in the world.

I have one neighbor who is a rabid Mets fan. Nearly everyone else falls into the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves camps. That's just too easy.

Check out the Amazin Avenue link in my sidebar. They do interesting probablity graphs that progress through each game. Fun for a stats nerd like me.

Roanoke RnR said...

Hey guys, ya gotta believe! Another Mets fan here.

Andrew said...

A guy I work with was heading for Boston for a weekend. I suggested that he get a "Yankees Suck" bumper sticker which, I pointed out, works equally well there and here, if for different reasons. :)