Saturday, July 14, 2007

Allergic to Current Events

My wife is always making fun of me because every morning when I come down to the kitchen I sneeze my head off. Like six or seven in a row. It doesn't happen the rest of the day, or anywhere else for that matter. It bugs her, because as I'm getting ready to go to work, she and TB are generally still in bed.

Finally, this morning, I figured it out. Since it's Saturday, I altered the morning routine a bit and read the local paper in the living room. Sure enough, sneeze after sneeze. Now that I think about it, it's always while I'm reading the paper that this happens. As soon as I put it down, the expectoration stops.

I'm allergic to the local paper. (Sorry, Andrew!)

Anyone else out there allergic to newspapers?

2 comments:

ScatterCode said...

I just read this post after doing a Google search for newspaper allergies - I think I'm allergic to newspapers as well!! I'm not sure whether it's the paper or the ink, and it's only certain papers, but it gets hard to breathe and I feel sick. Even being in the same room as a newspaper sometimes brings it on... and it's more often new papers rather than ones that have been read by someone else already.

I thought it was just me, but obviously not! Did you ever find anything else out? I'd be interested to hear...

dsbowers said...

I never really looked into it further, but it still happens!