Thursday, July 19, 2007

Peppers: Paltry

I don't have much of a vegetable garden. It's just a two by ten foot strip behind the garage. In past years, though, I've had some tremendous pepper harvests. Jalapenos seem to do the best, cayennes and banana peppers a close second.

Well this year, I bought some young, but healthy looking plants. They have done next to nothing for a month. I don't get it. I watered them, I gave them Miracle Grow, I spaced them properly, but nothing. These peppers are sad.

The only thing I did differently this year was, I planted two tomato plants. They are doing great, so I'm guessing they are sucking up all the nutrients and shading the sun that the peppers need.

Those better be good tomatoes, because my loyalty lies with the peps. Take a look a the sorry things.


No comments: