Thursday, July 19, 2007

For Crying Out Loud, Let The Pussies Be

This story is getting me fired up. This is a perfect example of the federal government overstepping the bounds of reason to spoil everybody's fun once again.

We took our honeymoon in Key West. Being a big Hemingway reader, I naturally wanted to visit his home there. The tour is interesting, the grounds are lush and tropical, but the cats are what give the place an eerie charm. Inside or out, wherever you look, another cat appears almost magically, fading in from the background. I remember distinctly we kept saying, "Look there's one. And another. And, there's one over there." It was fun, especially if you're a cat person.

My wife is a cat person, and TB has become one as well. We had as many as six at one time. Now we are down to two, which I think is reasonable. I'm a cat person in the sense that I prefer them over dogs, but I would be fine to be petless for awhile. I doubt that will ever happen.

Still, I wish our fine gummint in Washington would just leave the pussies alone. They are well cared for and they aren't bothering anybody.

No comments: