Thursday, August 30, 2007

Big Changes on the Way

I've decided, after my initial doubts, that I want to keep on blogging, ad infinitum. My traffic has increased steadily, as has my interest in writing. The site design has suffered some neglect, though. Basically, I set up the shell of the site back in February, and other than a few minor cosmetic rearrangements and sidebar additions, it's remained the same.

"It's time to change, to rearrange, " screeched Peter Brady.

A month or so ago, I started experimenting with some things I'd like to do, and I found Blogger lacking in flexibility. This weekend, I'm hoping to switch over to Wordpress.

I'm guessing the whole JSR experience will be quite different once I'm through. And yes, it's about time I ho' myself out with some ads. Neal Peart said you can't get something for nothing. But it would be nice to get a little something for something - other than everyone's loyal readership, which is it's own reward. Thank you! Wish me luck.

Of course, these plans may change radically, because I have not one, not two, but three David Lynch movies en route from Amazon. Two I haven't seen yet: Lost Highway and the latest one, Inland Empire. These are parts one and three of a loose trilogy, sandwiching Mulholland Drive, which was fantastic. I also ordered Wild At Heart, which I've seen. I didn't love it, but I'm rounding out the collection.

So, if they get here, I may be too freaked out by these movies to accomplish anything productive.

2 comments:

Roanoke RnR said...

I still haven't been able to make that jump to putting ads on my blog. Maybe it's because I'm technopobic about fiddling with it or maybe I'm trying to keep it "pure" or maybe I'm just paranoid about putting my bank info out there. Let me know how it works for you.

CountryDew said...

I like your layout, but I can also understand your frustrations with blogger. It is limiting once you get into it for real. As for the ads, mostly I don't "see" them anymore unless I happen to be looking for them, because they are everywhere, anyway ...