Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wii

I lost interest in home video games after the Atari 2600. Remember that? It had a joystick and you could play Space Invaders or Asteroids, maybe Pac Man? I completely missed the train after that. You know why? I never had one in my home, so I decided it wasn't all that important. Hmmmm . . . thoughts for current and future parents . . .

Last weekend, I spent a good bit of time playing on a Wii. Well, then! You're not just sitting on a couch anymore, because you need to get your arms, your legs, and your toosh up into it.

On the Wii, you can play tennis against some little cartoon people, but they are good players. Soon, you feel like you are playing an actual game. You get sweaty. It's a workout. You think about strategy, you try to place your shots. Imagine that!

Once the graphics get better this will be huge. Wine and Wii. Group Wii tennis tournaments. Wii might just take over the PGA.

OK, no, the real sports will go on, but it's great fun to pretend.

No comments: