Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dry, Dry, Dry

TB had a huge day yesterday that didn't end until after 10PM, so he slept late, until 9:00 and beyond. We enjoyed the extra sleep, also. At one point, early in the morning I heard some thunder. Thank goodness! They were calling for the chance of a stormy day, and good god, we need it here in SW VA. Our lawn is gone. If you chucked a lit match on it, I think it would catch and smolder for days. I haven't mowed the whole yard in a month. I call that a drought.

Once we got up, yes it was cloudy and a little misty. Around 10:30 or so, it started showering steadily, like we haven't seen in at least a month. Yes! Then, after about 10 minutes or so, done. The rest of the day, the sun slowly wiped the clouds away, and once again we are bathed in sunny heat. At least it's only upper 80's today, instead of upper 90's, but still I wish it would rain, rain, rain.

No comments: