Friday, August 31, 2007

David Lynch Film Festival

My trio of David Lynch DVDs showed up today. LBB wants to watch with me, but she's tied up in all this Princess Diana that's going on today. So I may just go ahead and watch Wild At Heart.

The boy was completely insane tonight. Not in a wild way, but in a strange way. He suddenly decided he wants big muscles. He started doing push-ups and squats and many other exercises to buff up. His technique was almost perfect. I've done a few push-ups here and there, but I never noticed if he was watching. I'm not sure where this is coming from, and I'm not sure a six-year-old should be doing strength exercises, but hey, maybe he can motivate me!

So, between the films and mini-Jack LaLanne, I don't guess I'm getting to the website redesign tonight.

This night is lost.

Right now, though, after the crazy boy and the somewhat grumpy wife have turned in, I'm enjoying a mellow moment listening to America.

Nostalgia is quicksand. I have stuff to do, but dang it, Tin Man is a great tune.

Oh, and now Stevie Wonder just came on. Sir Duke, a classic. Oh, and next a bit of Joni Mitchell. Listen to the Hejira album and love the bass. Jaco Pastorius. One of a kind.

And thank you, it's finally raining. Yesterday for about ten minutes, and today over and over, for ten minutes at a time. It's something. It's helping. Let's see if the yard can transform from Rice-a-Roni golden brown to Ho-Ho-Ho Green Giant green.

1 comment:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.